Are you looking for a convenient way to scan and read your favorite journals using your iPad? BrowZine, a free app from the Apple App Store, may be the solution for you. BrowZine connects to your library’s electronic journals. You select your favorite journals and display them on your Bookshelf where they’ll be available for quick and easy access. Full-text articles of interest can be downloaded to a Saved Articles area and read later even without an internet connection. Articles can also be exported to other apps on your iPad such as GoodReader, Notability, and Mendeley.
Here’s how it works:
– Download the free BrowZine app from the Apple App Store.
– When you open the app it will ask for a university affiliation. Choose University of Rochester.
– Log in with either your UR NetID or your URMC network/email account.
– Select your favorite journals from the BrowZine Library and add them to your Bookshelf. A complete list of BrowZine supported publishers is available on their website.
– Let us know if BrowZine helps you keep up with your scholarly reading. Comments can be sent to Michele Shipley (Michele_Shipley@urmc.rochester.edu or 275-6878).