If you have a current University of Rochester photo ID, you now can borrow an Apple 30-pin to USB Cable (more commonly known as a USB sync and charging cable).
These charging units are compatible with the 22 devices listed here:
• iPad: 1st, 2nd, and 3rd generations
• iPhone: including 3G, 3GS, 4 and 4S
• iPod touch: 1st, 2nd, 3rd, and 4th generations
• iPod classic: 80GB, 160GB (2007), 120GB and 160GB (2009)
• iPod nano: 1st generation, 2nd generation (aluminum), 3rd generation (video), 4th generation (video), 5th generation (video camera), and 6th generation
…or you could check for compatibility by going to this website and looking at the cute little grey and white pictographs at the bottom of the page: http://store.apple.com/us/product/MA591G/B/apple-30-pin-to-usb-cable.
You can borrow a cable (one per customer, please!) for up to 6 hours with one renewal (for an additional 6 hours). Cables must be returned an hour before the library closes. Fines are $5 per hour, so don’t be late with your returns!